Children of all ages are given the opportunity to express and develop their inherent creativity, using hands, eyes and personality – finding enjoyment and personal satisfaction in the process. They are encouraged to find beauty and interest in the world around them, and to appreciate the place of design in all things. In particular we believe that the study and practice of art should enable children to:
- Develop observational skills.
- Develop an appreciation and further understanding of the world around us.
- Develop spiritual values.
- Develop an interest and appreciation of the work and talent of others.
- Use art as a means of communication and learning to represent observations, ideas and feelings.
- Use and develop the imagination.
Visits to galleries, exhibitions and historical sites offer further opportunities to appreciate art. Our dedicated Art & Design Room allows work to be completed to a high standard and displayed to the school community.