In a secure and caring environment and as part of a happy childhood, The Old School Henstead seeks to provide the opportunity for every child to become a lifelong and resilient learner. We aim to do this by:
- encouraging our children to seek excellence in all that they do
- supporting them in developing their intellectual, aesthetic, creative, physical, spiritual and emotional capacities to the full
- nurturing the development of a sound moral framework
- providing a rigorous and appropriately challenging academic curriculum, complemented by regular opportunity for adventure and personal development
- encouraging each child to be mindful of the needs of others and of the world around them.
All that we do at The Old School is underpinned by a Christian ethos and we welcome children of all faiths and none. Our core values of confidence, resilience, empathy, adventure, teamwork and excellence guide us to be the best that we can be. As a preparatory school, a core aim is to prepare pupils to be successful when they leave us for senior school.